Medical Mutual Pillar Awards for Community Service accepting nominations through 9/19/2014!
REQUEST A NOMINATION FORM TODAY!
About the Pillar Award program:
The Pillar Award for Community Service was developed by Smart Business and Medical Mutual to honor businesses and individuals that are dedicated to making Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky a better place to live. The program is designed to demonstrate the tie between the for-profit and nonprofit worlds and showcase best practices.
Pillar Award program seeks to:
• Publicize the importance of community service, philanthropy and volunteerism;
• Share creative ideas about how companies have a positive impact in their communities;
• Honor companies and individuals that go beyond the minimum expectation of community service; and
• Build a sustaining fund, which provides grants for local nonprofit organizations in their efforts to build the workplace of tomorrow (The Pillar Foundation).
There are five distinct award categories:
• Pillar Award – Presented to for-profit businesses for their community service efforts
• Medical Mutual SHARE Award – Presented annually to one company that best exemplifies employee-driven community service, philanthropy or volunteerism.
• Nonprofit Board Executive of the Year Award – Honors contributions by for-profit business executives who serve as members of nonprofit boards
• Nonprofit Executive Director of the Year Award – Recognizes nonprofit executive directors who effectively apply for-profit business principles to their organizations.
• Kent Clapp CEO Leadership Award – Recognizes the top executive of a for-profit company for creating a culture of giving.
The Pillar Award program consists of a nomination and judging period, followed by an awards banquet. Judging is based on information provided in the nomination form and conducted by an independent panel comprised of members who represent a variety of positions in the community as well as Pillar Award alumni.
Award recipients will be notified in early October 2014. We will also be developing videos to accompany the program and may ask honorees to make themselves available to participate. Honorees will be featured in the January 2015 editions of Smart Business Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky. Award recipients will also be invited to attend a special banquet in January 15, 2015 and are encouraged to purchase a table for the banquet to help support The Pillar Foundation. All nominees receive two complimentary tickets (a $150 value).
Nominees must have a physical presence or headquarters in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Region.
Community service defined
The Pillar Award embraces a broad definition of community service. It may consist of charitable giving, volunteerism, pro bono work or other forms of giving back. Service may also be limited to a single organization or cause or spread across numerous organizations and causes. Each nominee will be judged based on the impact relative to its size and strength rather than overall size of contribution or effort.
The Pillar Foundation
The Pillar Foundation’s mission is to support nonprofits that provide services around educating the workforce of tomorrow. This includes, but is not limited to, nonprofit organizations that foster workforce training for youth, support entrepreneurship, and provide mentoring opportunities for primary and secondary education students.
For more information or to submit a nomination for the Pillar Award, please contact Carmen Pescatrice at firstname.lastname@example.org or (440) 250-7039.